This has been a fun, fast summer. We spent a night at Bear Lake with friends. We went to the carnival, parades, and rodeo in Preston. We did our best to keep the grass green and the girls cooled off. We've been on a few wagon rides. Neto and Blake have spent every Friday training these horses to pull the wagon. Thankfully, the hottest part of the summer is over.
The girls are anxious, eager to return to school. The countdown has begun. I will also return to school (teaching) the first week of September. Neto has managed to keep his job despite his company letting go over 1/2 of the workers. I'm told by several of his co-workers that he's the hardest worker there. I don't doubt that. Anyone who knows Neto, knows that he doesn't 'sit' well.
We've enjoyed watching the Olympics...even Neto, who is usually uninterested in television and sports in general (sounds like another mustached member of the family). We've had a few very late nights watching spectacular swimming and gymnastics.
Did I mention that Emma is about to start her athletic career? She's started soccer practices, and will have 8 games in September and October. She's so excited. There are 9 kids on her team--6 boys, 3 girls--and she's taller than all of them. I'm not sure at what age you're supposed to learn how to tie your shoes, but I hadn't taught Emma yet. So we got to work last night. (She'll need to change from her school shoes to her soccer shoes by herself. Her practices are right after school.) I showed her about 3 or 4 times, and off she went like she's been doing it forever. And, not to be outdone, Jesse had to learn...and did with a little more assistance. Mission accomplished!!!
And, oh yes, we've started a little business...making English instruction dvds. I'm not much of a risk taker, but Neto assures me that it will take off with time.
3 comments:
So how is Mexico doing in the medal count? I don't think I've seen them in a single event so far. Good to hear that you guys are having so much fun. How might one obtain a demo of your product?
Strike my previous comment...I just saw a Mexican competing in the 50km speed walk. The commentator said that Mexico has a long line of famous speed walkers. ?!?!?!
Sounds like a great summer. We were glad to see you. Hope the start of school goes well. Brian starts his coaching career this week with jacob's soccer team. He is really looking forward to it... and so is jacob.
Post a Comment