Monday, August 25, 2008

Emma started kindergarten last week. She loves school...recess, computer lab, her teacher, her friends. She's also been very patient with her bus drivers. The first day they forgot to drop her off. School gets out at 2:52. She arrived at 4:05. On day two, they forgot again. Then, she fell asleep. She arrived at 4:40. On day three, she made it home on time, but slammed her fingers in a door at school. Despite all of these little adventures, she was anxious to start her first full week of school today. Jesse will return to school next week, and is busy counting the days until Tio Brad returns.

Emma also started soccer practice. She's very excited. I think she'll do well despite her lack of coordination. She and her sisters practice alot in the back yard.

Sara is just trouble. She knows all of our names now, and uses them to her benefit. 'Mami, MaMi, MAMI' (insert any other family member's name) is commonly heard throughout the day...until she gets what she wants.

I go back to school next week as well. I haven't even thought about it all summer, so I'm sure it will be a bit of adjustment. But good for all of us.

Despite a couple of big layoffs at his job, Neto is still working...for which we are very thankful. He received a new calling in church yesterday, but I'll just let you all think about it for a bit before I tell you what it is. Happy day!!!

1 comment:

The Weinert's said...

Poor Emma getting left on the school bus! Glad she's liking school despite her constant stream of unluckiness.