Sunday, June 8, 2008

Senoritas

On Thursday, members from our branch provided salsa and tortilla demonstrations, Mexican dinner, and entertainment for an American ward Relief Society. The girls dressed up and delivered warm tortillas to the tables. We couldn't believe how many tortillas and how much food they ate...and we didn't even provide them utensils.

On Saturday, the girls participated in a branch talent show that was presented to the stake. Unfortunately, we had an extremely low turnout from the stake. It was fun for the members of our branch, though, as well as all of their non-member friends that attended. The girls sang 'If the Savior Stood Beside Me' with the primary and missionaries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Did you make the tortillas by hand? I would love to learn how to do that. We love the beans you taught us how to make. My favorite food is Mexican food. We are so looking forward to seeing you in CO!

The Weinert's said...

So...I attempted the beans, and they surprisingly turned out pretty good. I over did the salt, but other than that, it was good, definitely not as good as yours, but that's as good as it gets out here I guess. Also made the salsa, which turned out great. Thanks again for those recipes!